Vapour Blasting at North Coat
Leading Vapour Blasting Service in Lancashire & the North West
At North Coat, our experienced team offer professional vapour blasting across Lancashire and the North West. From our state-of-the-art workshop in Garstang, we work with businesses in and around the local area, providing an exceptional service, whatever the size of your project
What is Vapour Blasting?
Vapour Blasting, also known as Aqua blasting is the process of removing contaminants, dirt, rust, corrosion and old paint, or finishing a components’ surface to leave a high-quality finish by using pressurised water mixed with an abrasive media, known as a slurry.
Vapour blasting has two main purposes:
1. to key a surface in preparation for coating
2. to polish a surface, leaving it smooth and free from contamination
Why choose Vapour Blasting?
Vapour blasting is a non-aggressive form of media blasting, which achieves a more polished effect, vastly reducing the amount of surface deformation in comparison to traditional dry blasting techniques. The combination of a thin film of water with a fine blasting media means that Aqua blasting can remove dirt, contaminants, rust, corrosion and old paint and leave a smoother, high quality finish compared to dry blasting. The water acts as a lubricant and buffers the blast media as it impacts the surface, allowing a much smoother finish without damage to the component.
Vapour blasting’s non-aggressive form of surface preparation allows for the finishing of all types of metals such as brass, bronze, copper, magnesium, titanium, aluminium etc, which can be gently cleaned with no damage to the surface, leaving a satin finish that is easy to keep clean.
- Gentle on surfaces: Vapour blasting is a gentle process that does not damage the underlying substrate. It can remove dirt, rust, and other contaminants without altering the surface finish of the material.
- Consistent results: Vapour blasting provides consistent results, with a uniform finish that is free from scratches, burrs, or other surface defects. This is particularly important for parts that need to be free from contamination or wear.
- Improved surface finish: Vapour blasting can improve the surface finish of a material, creating a smooth and even surface that is free from blemishes. This is particularly important for materials that will be used in high-precision applications.
- Versatile: Vapour blasting can be used on a wide range of materials, including metals, plastics, and composites. It is also suitable for a variety of applications, including cleaning, deburring, and polishing.
- Environmentally friendly: Vapour blasting is a water-based process that does not produce hazardous waste. It is also more environmentally friendly than other surface finishing processes, such as dry blasting, which can generate airborne dust and debris.
- Cost-effective: Vapour blasting can be a cost-effective solution for surface finishing, particularly for small to medium-sized parts. It is a fast and efficient process that can be used to clean and finish multiple parts at once, reducing labour costs.
Why choose North Coat?
At North Coat we have over 40 years’ experience in the surface treatment and paint stripping industry, so when it comes to vapour blasting, we know how to get the best results. We use a combination of chemicals and blast media to ensure your parts come to you in the best condition possible ready for paint, or just to fit.
Based near Garstang, we cover Lancashire and the North West, providing an unrivalled service to clients across a range of industries.
Vapour Blasting Steel
When using any form of blasting on steel, you always leave the metal surface porous, which means moisture can cause the parts to flash rust. Due to our long established knowledge in the chemical and surface treatments industry, we treat the metal with an Iron Phosphate solution to insure the surface is protected from the elements. This means your parts won’t flash rust.
Can we help?
Have a question, or would like to book our services, please get in touch with us.